state of Texas. We work with the most top-rated companies for your Home insurance
policy and can quickly tailor a package that meets your home's needs, as well as your
budget. Contact us to start coverage today, (469)965-3770
What Does Texas Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Most homeowners policies are specifically designed to cover items like:
- Your home’s structure, should it be partially or completely destroyed by an act of nature
except for earthquakes and floods. Flood insurance is a separate policy.
- Outbuildings on your property, such as sheds or detached garages, should they be
damaged. (Other Structures)
- Personal belongings like televisions, clothing and other easily replaceable items.
(Example; if you could turn your home upside down everytjing that falls out is personal
- Living expenses during your home’s repair, if it’s deemed unlivable after an insured
disaster. Normally up to 12 months.
property or accidental damage to someone else’s property caused by you or something
you own (like that tree). In some cases, a homeowners policy can even cover accidents
that happen away from home! ( Liability Coverage)
What If I Need More Coverage?
Your coin collection is really awesome and deserves to be protected along with the rest
of your belongings, but because it’s so valuable and difficult to replace, it can’t be
covered by your basic homeowners policy. That’s where specialty coverage comes into
There are many different types of supplemental coverages you can pick up to further shield yourself and your family from loss. A few examples are:
- Coverages for valuable or irreplaceable items like fine jewelry or that enviable stamp collection.
- Flood insurance policies.
- Earthquake insurance policies.
- Home business coverage.
- Additional general liability coverage.
- Animal liability coverage (in case Fido gets feisty).
GOLF CART COVERAGE; It can be added to your homeowners policy.
You Can Save More with These Discounts!
Homeowners policies can be made even better with discounts for safety devices or multiple policies from the same insurance provider. The insurer figures these types of things reduce your risk of having a big claim, so they’re more than happy to meet you in the middle. These are just a few of the circumstances that may qualify you for a discount:
- Smoke alarms and fire extinguishers. Smoke alarms and fire extinguishers make it easier to locate and contain small fires that could otherwise turn into raging infernos. Be sure to check your smoke alarms regularly, since they don’t do much good with a dead battery.
- Home security systems. Security systems with outside monitoring are an easy way to protect your home even when you’re not there. Your monitoring company will call the police if you’re being burgled, or the fire department if your home security system indicates a flame. Preventing a larger loss is your insurance company’s favorite thing.
- Claims-free status. Have you ever used your insurance? No? You may be eligible for a claims-free discount if you’ve carried coverage for five years or more and didn’t need to use it. Again, the less you cost the insurance company, the more they’ll reward you.
- Multiple policies. Your home, your car, your boat, and your small business all need insurance coverage. If you get these policies from the same place, you may be eligible for a significant multi-policy discount, so make sure to ask your insurance broker.
Protect Your Home and Belongings with Homeowners Insurance
Getting a quote for your next homeowners insurance is quick and easy.